Senior Mobile Android Developer
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in mobile platforms, their capabilities, and cross platform development. You will get a chance to apply these, and other skills, to ongoing projects and user facing products that compose our mobile communications application.
Our teams comprise of cross-functional agile teams composed of a product owner, backend, frontend, mobile devs, and devops. Teams are highly autonomous, have ownership over their projects, and have the expectation and ability to act in Weave’s best interest to produce awesome products.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with a product owner and supporting UX design focused on the mobile experience.
- Build new features and maintain Weave’s mobile applications.
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to coordinate work efforts.
- Be responsible for long term code quality of what you write and maintain.
- Interact with web services developed by our backend engineering team.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
What will make us love you?
- 5+ years of experience in Android development using Java and/or Kotlin, with deep knowledge of best practices, APIs and libraries.
- Good understanding of mobile application architecture and mobile app development lifecycle.
- Expert in Java, App Components, UI frameworks, development tools and workflows.
- Good understanding of Android Design Patterns, coding conventions as well as Google's Design Guidelines, Material Design, and Google Play Developer Program Policies.
- Experience interfacing with RESTful web services and JSON is required.
- Have published Android applications on the Google Play.
- Willing to learn Swift if needed and work on our iOS apps as well.
- 75% of health benefits paid (3 different Select Health plans) + 401k
- Flexible time off
- Fun new office with hair salon, gaming, ping pong, snacks, and lounge areas
- Work at a fast-growing software startup