Senior Backend Developer
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented developers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply these, and other skills, to ongoing projects and user facing products that compose our communications platform and desktop application.
Our teams comprise of cross-functional agile teams composed of a product owner, backend and frontend devs and devops. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
A day in the life:
- Build features and maintain backend services using Go microservices.
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to coordinate work efforts.
- Be responsible for long term code quality of what you write and maintain.
- Write reliable web services deployed using containers on Kubernetes.
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
What will make us love you?
- 5+ years of experience in any back-end language, i.e. Ruby or Python (Go or C/C++ experience is a plus)
- Willing to learn a new and exciting language - Go
- Experience building RESTful web services is required (experience with protobufs/gRPC is a plus)
- Understanding of distributed systems and building scalable/redundant service
Why will you love us?
-Medical, dental, and vision benefits
-Life and Short term disability
-Flexible Time Off & Flexible Hours
-Great company culture